Renewing your current Australian adult passport
(A) You may qualify to use the one-page Australian Passport Renewal Application form if your most recent issued adult passport:
- is still current or has expired less than three years ago
- was issued in your current name, date of birth and sex
- has not been reported as lost or stolen and
- is undamaged.
(B) If you were a minor (under 18 years of age) when your previous passport was issued, you may also qualify to use the Australian Passport Renewal Form as long as:
- you were 16 years of age or older at the time of passport issue
- the passport was issued after 1 July 2005 and is current or has expired less than three years ago
- the passport was issued in your current name, date of birth and sex,
- the passport has not been reported as lost or stolen and
- the passport is undamaged.
If you meet the above criteria the following steps will apply:
- Step 1: Read the quick guide to renewing your passport
- Step 2: Complete and print an Australian Passport Renewal Application Online
- Step 3: Make an appointment here to lodge your application in person.
Follow this link for information on fees and payment options
If you are not eligible to use the passport renewal form, please go to Applying for a First Australian Adult Passport or a Minor's Passport.